Campspot is a partner before, during, and after your trip. Keep all your reservations in one spot with an account, save campgrounds for future trips, and browse out Camp Guide for tips and camping hacks.
The Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory announced its list of Top Family RV Parks for 2014. These RV parks feature amenities, entertainment and education programs that serve family members of all ages.
The parks cultivate an atmosphere that’s welcoming for families big and small. Whether showing G-rated movies or conducting educational nature programs, these parks enable families to enjoy long periods of quality time together.
Take your family on an adventure in learning, or simply escape on a fun-filled excursion. Here are some of the highlights of the list:
• Some of the parks affiliated with family-friendly local attractions include Fort Wilderness Resort, which is built in a pine and cypress forest adjacent to Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
• Many RV parks offer family-friendly water features, such as Cajun Palms RV Resort, which boasts a water slide, fully stocked arcade and pool with inflatable toys.
• Several parks offer education programs, including New York’s Lake George RV Park, whose Nature Awareness Program enlightens guests about local flora and fauna..
As an RV traveler, you don’t have to worry about shuttling family members from hotel to hotel; the RV is always home base, and parents never have to worry about packing or unpacking their kids’s stuff throughout the trip.
• More than 50% of RVers say spending more time with family is a the primary reason for hitting the road in a recreational vehicle, according to a recent Campfire Canvass by the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association.
• 40% of RV families travel with children, according to Family Matters.
• 90% of recreational vehicle owners say that RVing is the best way to travel with kids.
The editors and consultants of the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory chose the list of Top Family RV Parks from the annual publication’s database of 8,000 private parks.
The top parks they picked are:
• Auburn RV Park at Leisure Time Campground, Auburn.
• Catherine’s Landing at Hot Springs, Hot Springs.
• Anaheim Resort RV Park, Anaheim.
• Bakersfield River Run RV Park, Bakersfield.
• Boulder Creek RV Resort, Lone Pine.
• Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve, Santee.
• Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Lake Buena Vista.
• Indian Creek RV Resort And Manufactured Housing Community, Fort Myers Beach.
• Lakeland RV Resort, Lakeland.
• Pine Mountain An RVC Outdoor Destination, Pine Mountain.
• Ambassador RV Resort, Caldwell.
• Follow The River RV Resort, Florence.
• Cajun Palms RV Resort, Breaux Bridge.
• Wagon Wheel RV Resort, Old Orchard Beach.
• Cherry Hill Park, College Park.
• Hidden Ridge RV Resort, Hopkins.
• Myers Lake Campground, Byron.
• Grand Casino Hinckley RV Resort, Hinckley.
• Yogi On The Lake, Pelahatchie.
• Hi-Desert RV, Winnemucca.
• Friendly Beaver Campground, New Boston.
• Big Timber Lake RV And Camping Resort, Cape May Court House.
• Driftwood Camping Resort, Cape May.
• Jellystone Park of Western New York, North Java.
• Lake George RV Park, Lake George.
• Yogi In The Smokies, Cherokee.
• Cross Creek Camping Resort, Columbus.
• Phoenix RV Park, Salem.
• Hersheypark Camping Resort, Hershey.
• Otter Lake Camp-Resort, Stroudsburg.
• Shenango Valley RV Park, Sharon.
• Yogi at Shangri-La, Milton.
• Rafter J Bar Ranch Camping Resort, Hill City.
• Loretta Lynn’s Ranch, Hurricane Mills.
• Nashville Shores RV Park, Nashville.
• Lonestar Yogi, Waller.
• Loyd Park/Joe Pool Lake, Grand Prairie.
• Bethpage Camp Resort, Urbanna.
• Cherrystone Family Camping Resort, Cheriton.
• Grey’s Point Camp, Topping.
• Jellystone Warrens, Warrens.
• Mt. Olympus Zeus Village And Camp Resort, Wisconsin Dells.
• Westward Ho RV Resort& Campground , Fond Du Lac.
• Glowing Embers RV Park & Travel Centre, Edmonton.
• Bissell’s Hideaway Resort, Pelham.
• Sherkston Shores, Port Colborne.