Campspot is a partner before, during, and after your trip. Keep all your reservations in one spot with an account, save campgrounds for future trips, and browse out Camp Guide for tips and camping hacks.
Last updated on August 22nd, 2018 at 02:19 pm
While RV travel is among the least expensive types of travel, being frugal can extend your RV travel budget. These 10 tips show you ways to save money on your RVing vacation.
- Get discounts on fuel, camping, parts, and accessories using RV club, organization, or affinity memberships.
- Travel during the off-season for pre and post season discounts. Campgrounds & RV parks, theme parks, and other attractions routinely have lower prices offseason.
- Skip the commercial campgrounds when looking for places to stay. Find low-cost or free RV sites in city, county, state, or federal camping areas.
- Park for Free! There are many places where you can park overnight and, sometimes, a few days free.
- Stay longer. Many campgrounds and RV parks offer significant discounts for longer stays.
- Eating out can be a fun part of your frugal RV travel. Look for 2-for-1 coupons and early bird specials. Consider eating out at lunch instead of dinner. Lunch menus often offer the same food at a lower price. Skip large chain restaurants in favor of small diners.
- Each area of the country has bargains and you can take advantage of them as you are RVing.
- Compare prices. Stock up on bargains during your RV travels. Don’t buy all of your groceries at supermarkets. Buy food and other necessities at thrift bakeries, discount stores, dollar stores, church and charity bazaars, flea markets, roadside produce stands, canning plants, and u-pick orchards.
- Do your own RV maintenance. There are many good books as well as online resources… including YouTube… that explains how to do much of the care and maintenance required. And you can get advise from fellow RVers on forums and email groups.
- Let your RV travel pay for itself. There are literally thousands of ways RVers can earn money as they travel.