Many approach purchasing a motorhome like they would approach any other automobile purchase. Others approach it the same way they would approach a home sale. Both of these will leave you in a less than desirable position in the buying process.
Some tips for buying a motorhome.
- If you’ve never driven a motorhome try renting one before you buy. This is will give you a point of reference. You’ll need to know what you feel comfortable driving before you commit to purchase any one type of vehicle.
- Do your research before you actually start test driving. Know which size of motorhome you are interested in purchasing (which will suit your needs and your budget) before you start talking to even the nicest salesman. Only test drive the models that suit your needs.
- Determine which features and floor plan layout options are required in order to meet the needs of you and your family.
- Test drive it. And test drive it again. Test drive the competition. And test drive the cheaper model. Test drive as many options as are available. There’s no reason to rush your purchase.
- Research the manufacturers and know the reputations behind their products. Choose a motorhome that has a trustworthy manufacturer that stands behind their products.
- Buy from a reputable dealer. Ask questions, ask for a tour of the lot, and make sure that you are dealt with professionally.