Here’s a few tips to ensure you have a warm and pleasurable cold-weather RV camping experience.
- Typical RV windows don’t keep the heat in very well. A Window Insulator Kit provides a layer of insulation film without obstructing visability. The easy-to-install kit requires only scissors and a hair dryer for installation. Safe for application to aluminum, painted or varnished wood, or vinyl clad window moulding. Film wrinkles are removed with hair dryer. Double stick tape included.
- Make sure all furnace vents are open and unobstructed.
- Ceramic space heaters are very effective for heating RVs and cost much less than running your furnace. For safety, make sure that your heater has a tip-over switch and remember to unplug it when you leave your RV.
- Consider installing a catalytic heater. They are very safe if use according to manufacturer instructions and use propane very efficiently.
- Roof vents let a lot of heat escape. There are foam type pillows specifically made to fit snugly in vent openings and greatly reduces heat loss.
- If your RV has one, use the ceiling fan to circulate the warmer air that collects at the ceiling.
- If you have a motorhome, hang a heavy blanket or privacy curtain between the driver’s compartment and the rest of the coach to block the cold radiated by the windshield.
- Heavier clothes will help you stay warm in cold weather. Wear a sweater or sweatshirt.
- Keep a throw blanket handy to cover your legs and feet or shoulders. Fleece blankets and throws are particularly useful, because they are warm but lightweight.
- Keep your socks and shoes on or wear slippers in your RV. A lot of body heat is lost through bare feet.
- Try a heating pad temporary for warmth. If you use a heating pad for warmth, limit the length of time it’s close to the skin to avoid a burn.
RVing 101 Training Course on DVDs
Get a box set of instructional DVD titles for hours of one on one instruction. Not only do you eliminate the guesswork as to which DVDs are suited to your RV, you SAVE significant money with the box set discount. There are DVD sets for Class A, Class C Motorhomes, Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels.