The Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO) has identified Texas campgrounds and RV parks with space available for Hurricane Harvey evacuees.
“Many Texas Campgrounds are privately owned and operated by folks who would like to help their fellow Texans and visitors find a safe place to wait out this hurricane,” said Brian Schaeffer, executive director and CEO of TACO.
In a press release, Schaeffer encourages hurricane evacuees to check TexasCampgrounds.com and TexasCabinRentals.net to locate Texas parks that are far enough away from the coast to escape the brunt of the storm.
Ten Texas campgrounds and RV parks have told TACO they have space available for evacuees; however, people should call the parks in advance to reserve a site.
Texas Campgrounds reporting available campsites:
- Bit of Heaven in Donna: The park is located at 1051 W. Business Highway 83. Phone: (956) 464-5191. www.bit-o-heaven.net
- The Boulders at Lake Tyler in Whitehouse: This park is located at 16822 McElroy Road. Phone: (903) 268-5880. www.boulderslaketyler.com
- Braunig Lake RV Resort in Elmendorf: This park is located at 13550 Donop Road and is offering evacuees a special rate of $20 per night if they call ahead and let them know they are coming. Phone: (210) 633-3170. www.brauniglakervresort.com
- Guadalupe River RV Park Campgrounds & Nature Trails in Spring Branch. This park is located at 7200 Spring Branch Road. Phone: (830) 885-7200. www.guadaluperv.com
- Lazy Rayzz RV Park in Buchanan: This park is located at 8736 West Ranch Road 1431. Phone: (325) 248-8955. www.lazyrayzzrvpark.com
- Leisure Resort in Fentress: This park is located at 1 River Lane. Phone: (512) 213-0112. www.leisurecamp.net
- Pecan Park Riverside RV Park in San Marcos: This park is located at 50 Squirrel Run, San Marcos. Phone: (512) 396-0070. www.pecanpark.com
- Tejas Valley RV Park & Campground in San Antonio: This park is located at 13080 Potranco Road. Phone: (210) 679-7715.
- TranQuil Gardens RV Park in Salado: This park is located at 5644 FM 2484. Take IH35 Exit 286 and go two miles west on FM2484 to reach the park. Phone: (254) 947-5192.
- Watts RV Park in Gilmer: This park is located at 2212 Chinaberry Road. Phone: (903) 734-3380. www.wattsrvpark.com
Texas residents and visitors in and near the Gulf Coast are encouraged to evacuate the area due to Hurricane Harvey, which is expected to hit the area tonight or early Saturday.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott has officially declared a state of disaster in the following counties: Aransas, Austin, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Harris, Jackson, Jefferson, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Liberty, Live Oak, Matagorda, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria, Waller, Wharton and Wilson.
You may also be interested in these Articles:
RV Driving Tips for Extreme Weather
RVing by definition is supposed to be recreational. Ideally we should only be driving our RVs when the weather is fair. But if you RV long enough you’re going to…Read Article »
Natural Disaster Tips for Rvers
There are times when no amount of readiness can solve problems created by natural disasters but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to be prepared. Storage space in your RV…Read Article »