Motorhome Fire Turns Birthday RV Trip to Tragedy

Motorhome Fire Turns Birthday RV Trip to Tragedy

A Motorhome fire caused an Arizona family’s RV trip to San Diego to take a tragic turn.

When the RV caught fire Jeannie Withrow and her husband, Craig Winters, made sure their son and their three dogs were safely out of the RV. Then the propane tank exploded and engulfed them in flames.

Craig suffered first degree burns on hands, arms and face. He was discharged from UC San Diego Medical Center’s burn unit after eight nights.

Jeannie currently remains in a medically induced coma with burns to 60-percent of her body. She has had two skin grafting operations with another anticipated surgery this week.

Two of the family’s dogs are being treated at the VCA Emergency Animal Hospital in Mission Valley.

Their 14-year-old son, Justin, and a third dog managed to escape uninjured.

A family friend has set up a GoFundMe page to help Craig and his family with medical bills. Also, anyone wanting to help with their pet veterinarian bills can send their contributions to VCA Emergency Animal Hospital, 2317 Hotel Circle, San Diego, CA 92108, ATTN: Izzy and Pandora Medical.

Full Story and Video



Share This Post

One Response to "Motorhome Fire Turns Birthday RV Trip to Tragedy"

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.