Motorhome Fire Believed Caused by Refrigerator

Motorhome Fire Believed Caused by Refrigerator

At about 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 29 firefighters were called to a motorhome fire at Pinters Campground near Drumheller, Alberta. Fire Chief Bruce Wade says that while the fire is still under investigation, “It looks like it had to do with the fridge. the owner pulled into the site and put power to the unit, and noticed a fire around the vent of the furnace.”

The quick thinking of the motorhome owner limited damages that could have been much worse.

The owner of the motorhome made sure his family was safe, and then quickly drove the rig out of the campsite surrounded by trees and bushes.

“That was really good on his part,” said Wade. “The damages were just to the motorhome.”

No injuries resulted from the motorhome fire and the family was graciously put up in a cabin at the 11 Bridges Campground down the road. A tow truck returned Friday morning to pick up the burned out motorhome.

Story Source


Share This Post

One Response to "Motorhome Fire Believed Caused by Refrigerator"

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.