Last updated on April 27th, 2009 at 07:01 pm
Checklist for making RV park or campground reservations:
- Review the campground or park’s website first
- Have dates of arrival and departure
- Know the size of your RV
- What kind of site …pull thru or back-in
- Know your electical needs… do you need 50 amp service or can you get by on 30 amp
- Will you want to use WiFi or in-office internet connection
- Have your credit card number ready
- Ask for check-in/check-out times
- Ask about special directions to the park, the best way to approach and potential highway hazards on the way in.
Checklist for RV park or campground check-in:
- Try to park so as to not interfere with other traffic going in or out during your check-in.
- The whole family need not go in to register …one person can handle it.
- Take your credit card, checkbook or cash and any discount cards in with you.
- If you are early, before check-out time, don’t get upset if your site isn’t available.
- Want to stay longer? Check with the office as soon as possible so they can try to accommodate you. But be aware that they may not be able to do so without moving you to another site …if at all.
- Ask about special rules for children, pets, use of facilities, etc.
- Find out directions to the hospital if you have medical issues.
- If you were given written information, read it. It should answer a lot of questions for you about the park and surrounding area.
Some information for this article was contributed by Dick Mankin and Ron Pounds. Members of the RV Basics eMail Discussion Group